Karden Lodge is an exceptional detached property with five bedrooms, enjoying spacious and bright living spaces, surrounded by manicured gardens.
The house boasts outstanding accommodation and is located just a stone’s throw from Hertford’s appealing town centre.
Behind the charming brick façade you will discover a well-designed and versatile accommodation, enjoying a luxurious high specification finish throughout with a wealth of stunning internal features. The spacious property is arranged over two floors and the current owners have carefully created a lovely family home with today’s modern needs.
The house is set back from the road and offers a paved driveway which sweeps across the front of the house, creating a great sense of arrival, ample parking access to the detached double garage.
The entrance hall is stunning, spacious and inviting with tiled flooring, staircase rising to the first floor and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
A well-proportioned living room features fuel burner acting as a focal point and views of the picturesque garden. Leading from here is the dining room which overlooks the front garden.
The kitchen breakfast room was individually designed to provide an ultimate cooking experience which built-in appliances, granite working surfaces and views of the garden. A door leads to a useful utility room which provides access to the rear garden.
The master bedroom has a range of fitted wardrobes and an attractively fitted en-suite shower room which is warmed by underfloor heating.
A further guest bedroom offers an en-suite again warmed by underfloor heating.
Bedroom five and the study complete the downstairs accommodation.
On the first floor the landing leads to two double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and the family bathroom. A large storage room is accessed via the bathroom.
The south facing rear garden is an amazing feature, with landscaping which has been designed to provide an attractive patio area for all outdoor dining and entertaining needs. There are formal manicured lawns, well stocked flower beds and mature trees providing privacy. There is also a green house, garden shed, outside tap and exterior lighting.
Hertford is well noted for its excellent choice of schools for all age groups. Sports and social requirements are well catered for, including Hartham sports centre and pool, various clubs and associations and a comprehensive range of restaurants and bars. Hertford benefits from two mainline stations to London.
Ground Floor Accommodation:
Dining Room 13ft 4 x 12ft 4
Living Room 25ft 1 x 15ft 3 > 11ft 6
Kitchen Breakfast Room 12ft 7 x 11ft 2
Utility Room 7ft 9 6ft 9
Master Bedroom 14ft 7 x 12ft 8
En-suite Shower Room
Bedroom Two 11ft 11 x 9ft 6
En-suite Shower Room
Bedroom Five 8ft 11 x 8ft 7
Study 9ft 5 x 8ft 9
First Floor Accommodation:
Bedroom Three 12ft 8 x 10ft 8
Bedroom Four 11ft 7 x 10ft 8
Detached Double Garage 24ft x 21ft 2
Garage Storage Room 24ft x 9ft 8
LOCATION AND TRANSPORT
- Ideally located within a few minutes drive of the A10, A414 the property allows easy access to central London, which is approximately 45 minutes away by car or rail.
- Road: The M25, (15 minutes by car) and A1(m), are also close by, as are all of London’s airports – 40 minutes to Heathrow and convenient for Gatwick, Stansted and Luton.
- Rail: Hertford East and Hertford North stations are all easily accessible and provide access into Liverpool Street and Moorgate.
- The area offers an excellent wide selection of renowned private, public and state schools.
- Within local access are various branded/chain shops and supermarkets including Marks and Spencer, Sainsbury’s and Tesco, small independent boutiques, and a good range of family friendly restaurants, cafés and deli’s to choose from.