Windyridge House built in 1928 is an imposing family home set within delightful gardens and grounds of circa 5.25 acres with potential for equestrian facilities.
This five bedroom detached house sits in an elevated position with beautiful vista views over the property and Goldings estate parkland including the river Beane. There is a countryside feel but at the same time, close to Hertford Town Centre. The property is located approximately 10 minutes walk to Hertford North Station – a main line train service to London Kings Cross via Finsbury Park. There are excellent local amenities close by within a few minutes walk – butchers, bakers, Co-Op, Post Office and pharmacy. There is an excellent Country pub at Bramfield and one at Bulls Green which are both in close proximity to the property.
You enter this property into a charming reception hall with fireplace and imposing staircase to the first floor. The living room offers views to the front garden with open fireplace, restored parquet flooring and access to the family room which is a good size that has underfloor heating and with pleasant views to the rear garden. The study/home office is full of charm and character and again looks over the gardens. The dining room enjoys views to the front, has a feature fireplace and leads through to the kitchen breakfast room, which makes both a wonderful entertaining and practical family space with modern appliances and access to the boot room/utility.
The first floor accommodation is a fine feature of this home offering a master bedroom suite with dressing area and en-suite shower room, bedroom two benefits from an en-suite shower room, there are three further bedrooms of a good size and a family bathroom with separate cloakroom/WC. All the bedrooms enjoy spectacular views over gardens and rolling countryside.
The property offers scope for extension or alteration subject to planning consents.
The established gardens and grounds extend to circa 5.25 acres and feature lawns, stone terraces, fruit orchard and cottage vegetable garden with greenhouse.
The large enclosed paddock offers potential for equestrian facilities.
The house is situated behind double electric gates with a gravel drive offering ample parking.
Ground Floor Accommodation:
Living Room 21ft 4 into bay window x 13ft 10
Family Room 20ft 2 x 17ft 4
Study/Home Office 13ft 10 x 9ft 11
Dining Room 18ft 10 x 11ft 11
Kitchen Breakfast Room 17ft 8 x 13ft 10
Boot Room/ Utility 8ft 4 x 6ft 11
First Floor Accommodation:
Master Bedroom Suite:
Bedroom Area 20ft 9 x 13ft 4 into bay window
Dressing Room Area
Bedroom Two 19ft 10 x 14ft 4 > 9ft 5
Bedroom Three 10ft 9 x 10ft 5
En-suite Shower Room
Bedroom Four 12ft 8 x 8ft 1
Bedroom Five 9ft 11 x 9ft 8
First Floor Cloakroom
There are two attic rooms in the loft space
LOCATION AND TRANSPORT
- Ideally located within a few minutes’ drive of the A10 and A414, the property allows easy access to central London.
- Road: The M25, (15 minutes by car) and A1(m), are also close by, as are all of London’s airports – 40 minutes to Heathrow and convenient for Gatwick, Stansted and Luton.
- Rail: Hertford East and Hertford North stations are all easily accessible and provide access into Liverpool Street and Moorgate.
- The area offers an excellent wide selection of renowned private, public and state schools.
- Within local access are various branded/chain shops and supermarkets including Marks and Spencer, Sainsbury’s and Tesco, small independent boutiques, and a good range of family friendly restaurants, cafés and deli’s to choose from.